June is National Homeownership Month
Jun 7, 2019, 14:18 PM
Buying a home may signify different things for different people, but the most common dream of owning a home is having a place where memories are made. Buying a home has the potential to bring you a high return on investment. More importantly, your monthly expenses go towards something you own.
Here are some things to consider when purchasing your new home:
- Be ready with your finances and check your credit. Begin this next phase by checking your credit report. You can check with Metro Credit Union Mortgage, or visit one of several websites that will provide you with a free credit report.
- Be ready with your time. Not only do you need to have your list and your finances, you have to have time. When a house comes on the market, you need to make sure your current schedule will allow for viewing appointments. Be as flexible as possible.
- Be ready with your mind. Sit with your Realtor and ask as many questions as possible before you even get in the car. Do your best to be mentally prepared. It is big decision and a large investment.
- Be ready with your patience. Home inspection, buying, selling, and moving can be demanding yet exciting. You will be asked to fill out and sign paperwork as well as schedule your move. Remember to breathe and think of how soon you’ll be unlocking the front door into your new home.
- Buy for Long Term. Buying for the long term is an investment strategy that will eventually build up equity on your initial investment. Carefully consider the options of renting vs. buying and what works best for your situation.
When you're in the market for a home loan, you know you can trust your credit union to provide a great rate, great service, and all with fewer and lower fees. And, we've got you covered with a wide variety of lending options. Learn more about different types of mortgages. Let Metro Credit Union Mortgage help you reach your homeownership goals. Metro Credit Union is an Equal Housing Lender.